Rebuilding

The past few weeks have been really great for me. I feel as though I am coming to a point where I am really just excited to see what God is going to do. There are two things that I know to be true in my life: 1.) I am utterly and completely broken 2.) God is utterly and completely good. I have been really fighting to find my worth and contentment in so many different things over the past year and they have all been failing me miserably. As this has been a season with lots of unexpected surprises and adventures, I have had to look outside myself in order to find hope. I feel that God has really broken me of so much these past two weeks and I have really been able to see and experience his faithfulness on a first-hand basis. Something that I have been praying for and thinking through over this past season of my life is that I would get a grip on exactly how broken I am. It's amazing to me that even though I mess up so many hundreds of times every day that I can still puff myself up to be someone who thinks he has life together. God answered my prayer. There have been so many different instances of hopelessness felt over the past couple of months. There have also been so many different moments of hope. The moments of hopelessness come when I feel like I have lost everything and that my life isn't going anywhere. The moments of hope are moments where I realize that God has plans to prosper me and and plans for good. Now I recognize that this does not mean life is going to be happy all of the time and that I won't have issues. In fact, I know that not to be the case. What I do know, however, is that my hope is found in what Jesus did for me at the cross. Because of the cross, I have hope for a future. I am secure. In the midst of my brokenness, I am being made new. I am being rebuilt.

0 comments:

Post a Comment