Tension

It's way too late for me to be up seeing as how I have to be awake at 7:15 tomorrow morning, but I was laying in bed with my mind racing so I figure why not take some time to write and get it out there! Rick Mckinley's This Beautiful Mess has been absolutely what I needed to hear this week. Every where I go , I see tension. Not necessarily tension between people (although that's everywhere too :)), but a tension that's crying to be realized.

The word of the year for college group at RMCC has been inaugurated eschatology. It kind of makes me feel really smart even to repeat and spell it out. Inaugurated Eschatology is the principle that the Kingdom of God is already here, but not yet completely here. I'm finding that this has a way of manifesting itself in so many different ways that we just don't take time to sit and think through. Why is it there's so much brokenness in the world? Why is it that when things don't necessarily work out the way I picture in my life, my world falls apart? Why is it that I find that sin has this uncanny way of creeping up and infecting my life? Why? Tension. Jesus is in the process of ushering in this Kingdom that we can't wrap our minds around, but because of sin we must wait. At the same time though, there's this awesome picture of a people completely broken; waiting for a God who desperately wants to rescue them. So while I wrestle with the thoughts of a fallen world and with the continual reminders of the fallenness in myself, I rest in the fact that Jesus is making all things new.

1 comments:

Joel Mayward said...

You need to blog again. :)

Post a Comment